18V Power Booster
An internally voltage-doubled boost, EQ, overdrive, and mild fuzz based off the legendary Power Boost circuit.
Debit or Credit Card
What is it?
The PastFx 18V Power Booster is a pedalboard-friendly recreation and expansion of the Buffalo FX Power Booster. Based on the legendary Colorsound Power Booster, one of the first overdrive effects pedals made available to the masses, the effect was popularised in the 1970s and unmistakably imprinted on the recordings of various classic rock guitar legends during the era. With the inclusion of a dedicated master volume, external gain control, and adjustable internal gain switch, the PastFx 18V Power Booster is a versatile little dirt box capable of light tonal grit, hair-raising overdrive, light to medium fuzz, and/or clean to gloriously filthy boost, with bass and treble controls for further tone shaping. The pedal tastefully colours the player’s tone without ever truly overtaking it, dialed to taste and adding new dimensions to a variety of rhythm or lead guitar applications. Runs on 9 volt battery or external power supply with internal voltage doubler, feeding 18 volts of headroom for some serious heft.
- Controls for Gain, Level, Bass, and Treble to shape the sonic character of the effect
- True bypass operation
- Internal switch to select “Hot” (factory default) or “Mild” gain headroom
- Dimmable LED, internally adjustable with included screwdriver
- Requires a 9vDC centre negative tip power supply, or a 9v battery connected via battery snap (internally doubles voltage to 18v).
- Dimensions: 112 x 60 x 31mm / 4.4" x 2.36" x 1.22" (enclosure only)
- Input impedance: 1 MΩ
- BC169 and BC184 transistors
- Neutrik Instrument and Lumberg DC jacks, with audiophile grade parts sourced from MMK, Wima, Epcos, Vishay, Panasonic, Nichicon, etc., just like its predecessor