Stereo Chorus PX65
We have a small number of Stereo Chorus PX65 available.
PastFx Stereo Chorus PX65 is a faithful reincarnation of the beloved DOD FX65 Stereo Chorus, which is rumoured to have been used by John Frusciante of the Red Hot Chili Peppers during the Blood Sugar Sex Magic album era.
- True Bypass / stereo outputs
- Speed, Delay Time, & Depth controls now all have increased ranges. The Modulation rate can now produce a significantly slower speed. A red LFO LED indicator for visual speed display has been included.
- The Delay Time control can also access shorter and longer delay times than of all the DOD FX65 and FX62 models. The Depth control can also access more extreme “seasick” modulation intensities.
- The original FX65 and FX62 (Bass Model) were usually populated on the same FX65 PCB. We included 2 internal slide micro switches that enable switching between either the FX62 or FX65 circuits. (selecting any combination of slide switches will not damage the pedal)
- Feedback from some FX62 users, expressed the desire to have a volume control as some felt the effect was not always at unity with their bypass signal. A Level control has been added to solve this issue. The Stock core level can still be achieved by turning the Level knob fully CCW. This becomes necessary when engaging the Vibrato mode. (see below)
- A Blend control has also been included. This limits the amount of Wet / Modulated signal that combines with the dry signal. Again the stock circuit can simply be achieved by turning the Blend knob fully CW. Sometimes the reduction of the wet signal can produce a slightly perceived volume drop. The Level control can compensate for this, bringing the chorus signal back to unity gain.
- Also not included in the original is a Vibrato feature .A pushbutton Vibrato switch can cut the dry signal to create this effect. When engaged, the lower red on/off led indicator will change to blue indicating this mode. The Blend knob will need to be fully CW in this setting. In this mode the Level control will need to be adjusted to return the lower signal level to unity gain.
- The pedal now runs of the standard 9V DC (Maximum 12VDC) Neg tip “Boss style” power supply jack. The uncommon DOD style powering connector is no longer needed.
- Lastly, thanks to observing the creativity of how Andy Martin (Andy Demos) uses his Modded DODFX65, we have included the Dave / Andy switch. Dave Mode (Named after the great Dave Simpson) is the default Dod FX65 setting.
- Switching to “Andy” mode, the pedal can now access the stereo output “out of phase” tones without having to swap cables between the mono and stereo output jacks.
- When in this mode, faux “Through-Zero Flanging” tones can be achieved when turning the Speed control to very slow and having the delay time control between 0-25%
Faithful Dod Fx65 circuit with larger range of speed, delay time & depth.
Includes a Red LFO led for speed visual indication.
Level control allows to boost signal in Vibrato mode ( stock FX65 CCW).
Blend knob to dial back the wet signal.
Dry Cut / Vibrato switch
Blue LED = Vibrato mode
Red LED = Chorus mode
Andy / Dave switch for stock BSSM / Dod Fx65 tones or phase inverted Faux TZF Andy tones.
Internal micro switches to convert to FX62 Bass circuit!
Operates of standard 9V DC neg tip. (Can operate at 12VDC Max)
NOS Panasonic / Matsushita Clock & BBD chipset- MN3101 / MN3007
User Manual still to come :)